Chonda Engine Question

Questions and comments re engines, kart setup, gearing and related topics

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Ted Dziedzic
The master poster
Chonda Engine Question

Post by Ted Dziedzic » Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:48 am

Looking around, I see you can get the Chonda head gasket in a couple flavors. .048 - Stock and a .010 I see nothing in the rules pertaining to head gasket thickness. Tech item or not? I found the answer to this question. Would still like clarification on the camshaft below.

There is a Camshaft http://www.arcracing.com/servlet/the-86 ... aft/Detail that says it meets Box stock rules. Looks like it falls within the specs in the GCKI rule book. Legal at GCKI or not?

Thanks,
Ted

Joost Perquin

Re: Chonda Engine Question

Post by Joost Perquin » Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:55 pm

I got a reply from Hunter at ARC that the BSP2 cam is compliant with the rules as per below:

"Camshaft Requirements: Stock camshaft cores only, ez-spin assy must remain as stock. Cam lobe
base circle diameter .865" -.005”/+.010” Duration check for Intake and Exhaust lobes (taken off
pushrod). Intake duration of 219 degrees at .050 lift/86 degrees at .200 lift. Exhaust duration of 222
degrees at .050” lift/97 degrees at .200” lift. Max Intake lift on cam .225” – Min .215”lift taken at the
pushrod. Max Intake lift at the valve .238” Taken on valve spring retainer with zero lash. Max Exhaust
lift on cam .232” – Min .222” lift taken at the pushrod. Max Exhaust Lift at the valve .242” Taken on
valve spring retainer with zero lash."

Not sure (yet) if there is a benefit but ordered both a BSP1 and BSP2 cam for the impending CHONDA build.