Michron4 Lap Receiver

Questions and comments re engines, kart setup, gearing and related topics

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Kenny Brown
The master poster
Michron4 Lap Receiver

Post by Kenny Brown » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:57 pm

I just got a Michron4 and in reading the manual, there are (2) types of Lap Receivers, Magnetic and Optical. Which one works for our track?

Thanks,

Kenny Brown

Patrick Roth
The master poster

Re: Michron4 Lap Receiver

Post by Patrick Roth » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:05 am

The optical is the one you need. When I used it (I've switched to GPS) I have mounted it on the front fairing with a clear "line of sight" towards the beacon.

Patrick

Kenny Brown
The master poster

Post by Kenny Brown » Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:02 am

Thanks Patrick. It also mentions the "eye" needs to be pointed to the side of the track where the transmitter is located. Where is the transmitter located? Do you switch the direction it points depending on which direction the track runs? Is the transmitter active during non-race days?

Thanks,

Kenny Brown

Patrick Roth
The master poster

Post by Patrick Roth » Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:27 pm

The transmitter (AKA beacon) is on a pole in the middle of the curve that goes in front of the pit/staging area. If I remember correctly it has a solar panel on top of the pole to power it.

I did switch the direction the eye pointed depending on which direction I was running. I used a combination of velcro and zip ties to make this an easy job.

The transmitter is active during non-race days but you have to turn it on if someone hasn't done so already. All you do is go up to the pole, open the cover, and turn the knob.

Hope this helps!

Patrick

Kenny Brown
The master poster

Post by Kenny Brown » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:22 pm

Thanks Patrick, a big help.

Kenny Brown

Chris Watts

Post by Chris Watts » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:11 am

Kenny,
I picked up a new Michron4 a few months ago and it had the new style receiver which I was never able to get working reliably. The support at Aimsports is great and after trying 3 of the new style receivers they ultimately sent me an old style receiver which has worked perfectly. If you experience the same issue, have questions or want the contact name for the tech I worked with, please send me an email.

Chris@wattsonline.net
Chonda Cadet #17

Kenny Brown
The master poster

Post by Kenny Brown » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:24 pm

Chris.
We have been out several times and have had some help from people at track, but when we come in from a run it only gives us one long lap time. It never gives us activity for more than one lap. The time it indicates matches the total time we were running, but no multple lap times.

Any ideas of something I am doing wrong? I have tried it in both Sprint Race and Road Course mode.

Thanks,

Kenny Brown

Chris Watts

Post by Chris Watts » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:13 am

You can try adjusting the minimum lap time down to make sure that the time is significantly less than your normal lap time, but the issue you are experiencing is exactly the issue I had. I would either get one long lap time or maybe 3 or 4 of these long laps during a 12 or 15 lap stint. I would suggest contacting aim to have them send you an old style IR receiver. This is what corrected the issue for me. When I get back to the home office, i will dig up my contact at aim and pm you.

Brandon Morris

Post by Brandon Morris » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:00 am

Patrick Roth wrote:The transmitter (AKA beacon) is on a pole in the middle of the curve that goes in front of the pit/staging area. If I remember correctly it has solar kits on top of the pole to power it.

I did switch the direction the eye pointed depending on which direction I was running. I used a combination of velcro and zip ties to make this an easy job.

The transmitter is active during non-race days but you have to turn it on if someone hasn't done so already. All you do is go up to the pole, open the cover, and turn the knob.

Hope this helps!

Patrick
Surely it will help me.. I am facing similar problem so the information will serve me lot.. SOrry for posting in old thread:)