New on the forum

General Karting Discussions related to GCKI

Moderators:Jay Kleinheinz, Paul Jones, Mark Chandler, Scott Boone, Matt Blehm

Christian Samayoa
New on the forum

Post by Christian Samayoa » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:09 pm

Hey guys new to the forum! :mrgreen:
Always loved car driving, auto-x, and drag racing. Well I have a family now 6 months old baby Eli. Wife says I need a much safer driving sport. I have been going to K1 on 290, and houston karting complex in conroe.
Anyone from the conroe/ woodlands area?
I am fairly new in karting but trying to learn all that I can.
I am 24 yrs old, 5'6, 160 pounds before christmas and new years after i won't know oops.
I am looking for a kart my size and looking to get into the sport weight class and age? Here for the ride cheers guys.
Merry christmas and happy new year.
Ps next week going to vegas for the first time as an adult 8)

Austin Hunter
The master poster

Re: New on the forum

Post by Austin Hunter » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:50 am

Christian,

Welcome! i highly recommend coming to join the Briggs lo206 class. We compare well to rental karts and its a great stepping stone into the sport as you learn everything. If you have any other questions dont hesitate to ask!
Austin Hunter
27T Briggs LO206
2013 Sodi World Series
National Champion

Christian Samayoa

Post by Christian Samayoa » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:52 pm

Austin Hunter wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:50 am
Christian,

Welcome! i highly recommend coming to join the Briggs lo206 class. We compare well to rental karts and its a great stepping stone into the sport as you learn everything. If you have any other questions dont hesitate to ask!
Thank you Austin. Looking forward to meeting a lot more people that share the same interest. Now to buy a used kart to get things going!

Christian Samayoa

Post by Christian Samayoa » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:53 pm

Austin Hunter wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:50 am
Christian,

Thank you Austin. Looking forward to meeting a lot more people that share the same interest. Now to buy a used kart to get things going!
What kind of kart would I need? Or a kart with a lo206 motor?

Austin Hunter
The master poster

Post by Austin Hunter » Wed Dec 12, 2018 3:58 pm

really any 206 kart will be fine. just need to find one at a decent price to get started. I may recommend finding a birel, tonykart, or compkart chassis, as those are the ones that you can find parts for locally from the shops. You can find used karts for sale on the forum here as well as if you have facebook you can join the speedsportz track group.
Austin Hunter
27T Briggs LO206
2013 Sodi World Series
National Champion

Ken Snider
Loud Mouth Poster

Post by Ken Snider » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:42 am

Christian Samayoa wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:09 pm
Hey guys new to the forum! :mrgreen:
Always loved car driving, auto-x, and drag racing. Well I have a family now 6 months old baby Eli. Wife says I need a much safer driving sport. I have been going to K1 on 290, and houston karting complex in conroe.
Anyone from the conroe/ woodlands area?
I am fairly new in karting but trying to learn all that I can.
I am 24 yrs old, 5'6, 160 pounds before christmas and new years after i won't know oops.
I am looking for a kart my size and looking to get into the sport weight class and age? Here for the ride cheers guys.
Merry christmas and happy new year.
Ps next week going to vegas for the first time as an adult 8)
Glad to have you join us Christian. The Forum can be a very quiet place at times. You'll find lots of equipment for sale I'm sure. I don't have near the experience as most club members, having only started karting 3 years ago. Read the competition requirements and make sure you're not spending $$ where you don't need to or won't meet requirements if you decide to compete. I've made purchases that come with the "lots of spares" and now I have a lot of spare stuff taking up space. Always ask questions. The regulars on here "know a thing or two because they've seen a thing or two" and they are helpful. Of course all this welcoming may be for naught depending on the outcome of that Vegas trip.
Good Luck.
Welcome.
Hope to meet soon.

Ken
Ken Snider - X30 Master