Welcome Anonymous, It is currently Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:13 am

Briggs JR 206 4 Cycle Kid Kart Motor

Kid Karter Topics

Moderators: John Bartos, Brian Traw, Mike Hewitt, Tom Dunlap, Eddie Ilavia

Briggs JR 206 4 Cycle Kid Kart Motor

Postby Brian Warwas » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:18 pm

Just saw some info on this new 4 cycle power plant for Kid Karts.
http://www.briggsracing.com/racing-engi ... 32+8202-01

I like the idea of running horsepower made in the USA.

Anyone have any info to share on when or if the WKA or GCKI is looking into this option?

Here is a mount to fit the briggs to a comer specific chassis.
http://www.ekartingnews.com/news_info.p ... 878715f440
MiniMax #48
Brian Warwas
The master poster

Re: Briggs JR 206 4 Cycle Kid Kart Motor

Postby Brian Warwas » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:23 pm

Just read that the JR 206 is rated at 3.3hp and is limited to 4100rpm. Sounds perfect!! And only $499 !!!
Last edited by Brian Warwas on Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MiniMax #48
Brian Warwas
The master poster

Postby Brian Warwas » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:39 pm

These are sealed and certified motors. Limited to 4100. No reason to change the valve springs. LOL
Moving up to cadet? ... Change out the carb slide and the coil. Same Kid...Same Motor. :D

http://www.briggsracing.com/en/videos/j ... ngine.aspx
MiniMax #48
Brian Warwas
The master poster

Postby John Bartos » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:05 pm

Brian - very good article in National Kart News on the Briggs Jr. It appears to be quite a bit faster than the Comer. They did a head-to-head test with an experienced 7-year-old driver. However, they also state that it can be de-tuned further. GCKI certainly welcomes innovation - especially when it levels the playing field for our drivers and saves our club members money - the $500 price tag is certainly attractive. If one or more of our members wish to experiment with one of these, the board will be most happy to work to establish an equitable rules package to enable the motor to run at Katy.
John Bartos
The master poster

Postby Jeff Arndt » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:35 pm

This is interesting and would be tempting if we were just getting into Kid Kart. Maybe even help grow the number of Kid Karts at any track. Being involved in Kid Karts for a year now and learning how to work with the Comer, this isn't very appealing because we have made the investment in time and effort not to mention money. Some say, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

Would the intention to run Comer and Briggs in the same division or to create a second division? I see this causing major problems if they run in the same class.

What about kids who run regioinal and natioal races? What is IKF and WKA saying?

It this Chonda for Kid Karts?

One last thought, A $500 engine sounds great but keep in mind that you can get a new comer engine for roughly $700 and you have access to a plethora of used parts. How long with it take for the aftermarket industry to kick in. Will this be the Rotax of Kid Kart?
Jeff Arndt
The master poster

Postby Eric Sepulveda » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:23 pm

Ive got to much in the Kid Kart as it is right now. Ive got 4 Comers now, and as far as paying $700 for a new Comer. You could do alot better just finding a used legal one, there are plenty out there. Lets face it, your KK'er is not going to compete with a used Comer anyway when running a Fresh Out of the Box Comer 50 especially on the monster straight we have at GCKI. Ive got 2 Comet Race motors that were a bargain, and I see similar buys all the time, and you can buy a "stock non blue printed Comer for $300-500 barely used if you look hard enough. I bought a stock one for $150, but on that note, the #18 KK would be willing to strap on a new powerplant for testing purposes? where do i buy it? who else is going to buy one? Brian W? And I guess while we are on the subject of powerplants, I got to show you all my new one. 440 ci SBF n/a 850-900 HP. NICE!!!!!!!!!Image
Eric Sepulveda #18 Kid Kart
Eric Sepulveda
The master poster

Postby Brian Warwas » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:35 pm

Had a discussion with somone this morning involved in testing these on kid karts.
Said the only chassis they can seem to fit it on is a Top Kart and it still req'd lots of hacking.
He said is doesn't look to have much a future on the current kid kart sprint chassis'.
Comers it is :)
MiniMax #48
Brian Warwas
The master poster

Postby david mckee » Tue Dec 22, 2009 11:18 am

I say we use Eric's motor and work on getting the push out!
David McKee
david mckee
The master poster

Postby Brian Warwas » Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:19 am

:lol:
Were gonna need a truck load of Tungsten.
MiniMax #48
Brian Warwas
The master poster

Return to Kid Kart Forums